Saturday, February 16, 2019

Wetting the Bed

Runaway Campers are ideal for sleeping in the rain. Their small size and the occupant's close proximity to the roof make for a pleasant sleeping experience. The droplets pelting the roof of my trailer woke me from a sound sleep. I laid there in bed at 3am listening to the sounds and enjoyed just being in the moment. Before too long I fell back to sleep. I don't know at what point the creeping cold and dampness startled me, but there's nothing like the feeling of waking up in a wet bed. My first thought was to wonder if I'd regressed to my childhood self and let loose my tinkle, but a quick crotch check and I very quickly realized that I had not, indeed, wet myself. The rain had stopped by this time, but a cool breeze blew in through the open window at the foot of the bed. Of course, I forgot to close the window.




So, I'd had this idea for some time and finally bought a set of wind deflector visors that are made the sunroof of a car. These are generic and not made for any particular car model, unlike the ones you might see along the contour of the driver's or passenger's side window. The Runaway Camper's windows are all 31 inches long. So, I found the cheapest ones on Amazon and bought three of the 38 inch long wind deflectors.

The visors have a self adhesive tape so application is easy but be sure to clean the surface around the top of the window. Also, I believe the adhesive is temperature sensitive so apply when it's higher than 65 outside.



https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L6Q6PMD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


No comments:

Post a Comment