Thursday, November 8, 2018

RangeRunner Upgrades

One of the best things about RV camping is the ability to break free of the constraints of modern living. But, who am I kidding? I still need my phone charged. Still need to be able to go, umm, take care of business in the middle of the night. And in spite of being isolated and enjoying all the splendor that is mother nature, I might still want to watch a downloaded copy of Deadpool II on my tablet.  Lights, charging phones and tablets, or running a small space heater in the cold Rocky Mountains all require electricity, which can be quite scarce in most national parks. The solution? Solar.

This next project will challenge my skills with electrons. Watch this space as i update my progress. Hopefully, depending the amount of snow we get this weekend, I can get started on installing it.


I bought one panel and charge controller on Amazon. Reviews were typically good to excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Monocrystalline-Solar-Starter-Wanderer/dp/B00BCRG22A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1541729154&sr=8-4&keywords=renogy+solar

No comments:

Post a Comment